Series COMPLETE (the two short stories can be read as stand-alones)
(TB: Post Season 6; series might be continued—eventually—with a version of Season 7)
- “Snjóflóð”—While all hell broke loose in Louisiana, Eric Northman went home to heal from his sister’s and maker’s deaths. Will his decision to isolate himself lead to his own death, or will a natural disaster save his life? (complete)
- “Avalanche”—While Eric was recovering from the burns he sustained at the end of Season 6, Sookie was trying to learn from her past mistakes and move on. But how can she move forward when her heart belongs with a vampire who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth? (complete)
Series IN PROGRESS (the last part of the main trilogy is currently being worked on)
(TB: Picks up Mid-Season 4)
- Back & Forth—When Sookie realizes that her feelings for both Bill and Eric might have been caused by their blood, she takes drastic steps that will change her life―and the lives of Eric and Bill―forever. (complete)
- Come Back to Me—Now that Sookie & Eric have found their way to each other, Bill might just be the least of their worries. How will they deal with the threats that will try to separate them forever? Will their bonds survive? (complete)
- Sojourn—An “interlude” set in the middle of Come Back to Me, Sojourn tells the story of Eric and Sookie’s necessary reconnection and healing after their fight with their greatest enemy. (complete)
- “King of Fools”—This story is a one-shot parody, which was written in honor of the Fangreaders Awards. It tells the “fates” of the villains from Back & Forth and Come Back to Me. (complete)
- Earned—This is the last major story in the Back & Forth Universe. It jumps forward in time and focuses on Hunter’s coming of age—just as much as it continues exploring Eric and Sookie’s enduring love. (in progress–but currently on hiatus)
(SVM and TB Hybrid: All Human)
- Comfortably Numb—(Set mostly in New York) Eric & Sookie are two individuals incredibly beaten down & emotionally stilted due to the cruelty of their parents. Can they learn to love themselves & each other, even as outside forces try to rip them apart? Will their love survive, or will they be faced with a life in which they succumb–once more–to numbness? (complete)
- Touch the Flame—Eric and Sookie may have decided to fight against Appius’s influence in Eric’s life, but that doesn’t mean smooth sailing for them. New challenges and tragedies will befall them. Will they find a way to stay together through them? Or will Appius drive them apart—or worse—as they “touch the flame”? (complete)
- Burn out the Pain— A continuation of Eric and Sookie’s journey to find happiness. When secrets are revealed about Sookie’s family, Eric defies Appius. However, what will be the cost of that defiance? (complete)
(SVM: Post Dead Ever After)
- “Enduring”—(Set 3 years after Dead Ever After) Eric gives his POV about the events that led Sookie and him to their fates. The Viking has resolved to fulfill the bargain his maker made with Freyda. But what if his enemies go back on their agreements? (complete)
- “Uncovering”—(Set two months after “Enduring”) A series of happenings allows Sookie to uncover the motivation behind Eric’s ambiguous behavior as well as her own enduring feelings for him. But is it too late to do anything to help him get out of his contract with Freyda? (complete)
- “Resolving”—This third (and final) part of The Enduring Series begins two months after “Uncovering.” Eric and Sookie—it seems—have allies they’d never anticipated. Can they trust in the supernatural world to help them reclaim what has been lost? And—more importantly—can they finally trust each other enough to let themselves love each other? (complete)
Series IN PROGRESS
(SVM: Picks up 7 years after Dead Ever After)
- “Gift Horse”—”Gift Horse” was meant to be a one-shot for the 2013 Sookie’s Secret Santa exchange; I wrote it as a gift for Suki59. It’s Christmas Eve, and Eric offers Sookie a gift—a gift that will change her and her family’s fates and, perhaps, give Eric and her another chance at love. (complete)
- “Scrooged”—Will Eric finally get to kill Bill? Or is Bill right that Felipe and Freyda will come to his rescue? And how will a phone call from Sookie potentially change everything for Bill and Eric? (complete)
- “Black Christmas”—(Set during the night of the Queen of Oklahoma’s Christmas ball) Will Freyda’s white gown be red by the end of the night? And at what price comes Eric’s revenge? (complete)
- “Boxing Day”—With Sookie’s unborn child, Matthew, being “stubborn” and “waiting” for Eric to show up to be born, our Viking rushes from Oklahoma to Sookie’s Mississippi safe house. Will Russell be the key to Eric getting there in time? And how will Sookie cope with Pam as a “birth coach?” (complete)
- “Ice Queens”—While Eric and Sookie spend time with Sammy and Matthew in Mississippi, Pam and Thalia to tie up some loose ends in Louisiana. (complete)
Series IN PROGRESS (I am currently posting one chapter of the series per week when possible)
(TB: Picks up at the beginning of Season 5)
- Inner—A True Blood Season 5 “revision” from Eric’s POV, but with an Eric/Sookie endgame in mind. (complete)
- From the Inside Out—While Inner was tied to the Season 5 “canon” (because of the rules I set for myself), this story takes off from the end of Inner and goes decidedly “off-canon.” Eric and Sookie finally get together and get it together—with no time to lose! After all, they have to deal with Warlow, the destruction of the TrueBlood factories, the decimation of the Authority, and—of course—Billith. (In progress)
- The INNER-Ludes–a collection of Interludes/Outtakes/Side Stories for From the Inside Out—all told from NON-Eric POVs. (In progress)
(SVM: Picks up after Dead Ever After)
- Time after Time–What if Sookie was given the chance to change her story with Supernaturals? What if she had full knowledge of the events that could come to pass? Could she save the people she loved the second time around? Would she look to anyone in the Supernatural world for help—or would she attempt to avoid that world altogether? (Complete)
- A Heady Draught–A Time after Time side-story, this piece explores Karin’s background, her involvement in Appius’s death, and her encounter with Sookie and Eric two years later. It should be read after Time after Time and serves as a kind of epilogue. (Complete)
(TB: Picks up Mid-Season 3)
- Uninvited—Uninvited explores a different direction for the True Blood story following the van incident. As Sookie lies in the hospital fighting for her life, Eric must pretend to be the ally of his greatest enemy, Russell Edgington, in order to save Pam’s life. What if Russell looks into Eric’s blue eyes and recognizes the young man he saw so long ago? What if Eric has to run for his life? Will he leave Sookie behind—at the mercy of Russell and the vampire who almost killed her? Or will he take her with him? (complete)
- Uncharted—Eric and Sookie must marshal allies as they evade Russell and his minions. Eric begins to formulate how to bring Russell down, even as Sookie learns more about her Fae powers. However, the greatest obstacle faced by Eric and Sookie might be letting themselves love each other without questioning “why” they love. (complete)
- United—Finally ready to unite personally by accepting the Fae bond and finishing the vampire bond, Sookie and Eric now concentrate upon uniting their friends to war against Russell and his allies. Two powerful forces will collide in Rhodes, but could the Fellowship bring them both down? (complete)
(SVM: Picks up Mid-All Together Dead)
This story begins right after Andre had agreed to let Eric bond with Sookie in Rhodes. What would have happened if the newly bonded pair actually had a mature conversation about the bond’s implications? What would have happened if Sookie showed her gratitude that Eric “saved” her from having to bond with Andre? (story inspired by an idea from switbo)
(TB: Picks up Mid-Season 6)
This is a True Blood story that picks up following Season 6, Episode 7. Nora has just died, and—at Bill’s request—Sookie has brought Warlow back to the human realm. Will the death that surrounds them cause Eric and Sookie to choose life—that “other” life they could have together?
(SVM: Picks up Mid-Dead as a Doornail)
When Sookie finally tells Eric about what happened when his memory was taken away by Marnie’s spell, the vampire notes that she spent more time talking about Debbie’s demise than any relationship they had. And he realizes something: Sookie doesn’t trust him not to harm her with the information about Debbie. Even though Eric is new at love, he knows that it cannot flourish without trust, so he cuts ties with her and eventually develops a relationship with another. What will happen when Sookie realizes that she made a mistake? What will happen when it is she who must fight for love which is unsought? (inspired by Lajayden1973)
(TB-SVM hybrid: Alternative Universe)
Fairy tales are thought of as fiction only by those who do not know of the Supernatural world; of course, the humans often don’t know the whole story. “Rumpelstiltskin”—SVM/True Blood style. Written for Kittyinaz’s June 2015 Writing Contest
(TB: Picks up in Season 7, episode 9)
What if the Viking decided that being Bill’s messenger wasn’t going to work for him? It was high time for Sookie to hear some hard truths, and what she chose to do with those truths would determine whether Eric cut ties with her. (Note: This story ignores Season 7, Episode 10.)
(TB: Alternative Universe; All Human)
The Civil War ravaged lives, pitting brother against brother: countryman against countryman. Cousins and best friends, Eric Northman and William Compton are on different sides of history, and their situation is only complicated further—by a Southern Belle named Sookie Stackhouse. (This story was originally written for American Android’s Historical Fiction contest, and I am proud to report that it won the contest! Thanks to all who voted for my story!
IN-PROGRESS (one chapter a week when possible)
(SVM: Picks up Mid-Dead Locked)
Having learned that there is a spell that could break the bond between her and Eric, Sookie is gung ho to do it; however, in this version of events, Amelia proves herself to be a true friend by making sure that Sookie has thought things through fully—with a little help from a certain Viking vampire. (Begins in the middle of Deadlocked; E/S story; OOC Amelia; this is a SHORT—original story prompt from ericluver)
(TB: Picks up Mid-Season 7)
Sookie knew from Eric’s eyes that he was telling her goodbye, but she’d had enough goodbyes in her life, and she wasn’t about to say goodbye to Eric Northman again-not when she might be able to help him. The only question was, “Would Eric fight for his life too?” (Note: this story ignores Season 7, Episode 5 and beyond.)
(TB: Alternate Universe)
What if Gran had helped Sookie to develop her telepathy, rather than encouraging her to hide it? What if Sookie had grown up calling her ability a “gift” rather than a “curse?” What if Sookie had sought out Eric’s help for a very different reason than trying to clear her brother’s name?
(TB: Picks up After Season 7)
Set two years after the final scene of True Blood, both Eric and Sookie are reassessing their choices. And both of them realize that what they feel most is bitterness. Can they turn that bitter to sweet?
IN PROGRESS, but currently on hiatus
(TB: Begins at the end of Season 4)
What if it wasn’t Tara whom Debbie Pelt killed? What if it was Sookie? (A vampire-Sookie story & a re-imagining of Season 5)
(TB: Picks up after Season 3)
(Chosen 1st place in Sephrenia’s Fall 2014 Writing Contest for banner 2) What if Sookie wasn’t able to leave the fairy world when she did? Three hundred years have passed in the human realm, and life has gone on for Eric Northman. Time has changed many things, but has it changed his feelings for Sookie Stackhouse?
(SVM: Picks up one year after Dead Ever After)
(Ignores the “fates” found in After Dead) Having lost everything, the once mighty Viking is broken. Eric Northman had been told that Sookie Stackhouse had been killed. But the shrouded woman in front of him could not be mistaken as anyone else—not by him—even if she was going by a different name. Or, perhaps, she was a ghost or the Goddess of Revenge herself. (I’m proud to say that this story was one of the winners of Sephrenia’s 2014 Spring Writing Challenge!)
(TB: Picks up four years after the Series Finale)
Four years after Bill is dead and gone, Sookie seemed to have embraced the “normal life.” But what that “normal” truly entailed was very different from the way it seemed at the end of the series. What is the true fate of the telepath and Viking? Read to find out.
(SVM: Alternate Universe)
(Mostly set in 1010 A.D.—during Eric’s Viking days) After Sookie’s father and brother are killed by a vampire named Appius Livius Ocella, she is taken to Faerie for her own safety. Aspiring to become an angel one day, Sookie becomes a guardian, and her first charge is a young Viking prince named Eiríkr. Will Appius ruin their chance at love? Or will he unwittingly give them the opportunity to be together forever? (PROMO for Sephrenia’s Fall 2014 Banner/Writing Challenge)
(TB: Picks up after Season 4)
It’s been a year since Sookie witnessed her best friend being buried & since she got an offer from Eric. She took him up on it. Now she has an offer for him. This one-shot was inspired by the Fangreaders Anniversary Writing Challenge (2012).
(SVM: Picks up 10 years after Dead Ever After)
Eric muses about his sorrows as he fulfills the destiny his “makers” (both vampire and literary) crafted for him. I have not shied away from After Dead; thus, this story is more tragedy than anything else. READ WITH KLEENEX
(TB: Picks up after Season 6)
Sookie is surprised to find her own grave in the Bon Temps cemetery. Will her new maker be able to make her feel better? The action picks up at the end of Season 6. (PROMO piece for Sephrenia’s Spring 2014 Writing Challenge.)
(TB: A “missing scene” in Season 2)
This is just a little comedy/parody I wrote to provide a “missing scene” from the Episode in Season 2 of True Blood called “Scratches.” This occurs after Dr. Ludwig has healed Sookie of the Maenad scratch and after Bill is dead for the day. What will Eric do when he finds himself alone with an unconscious Sookie?
Complete for now (I might continue this story later, however.)
(TB: Alternate Universe)
(Written for Sephrenia’s Fall 2014 Writing Challenge) What if Godric had called Eric to his side almost two decades before the Great Reveal? What if Eric had never been the Sheriff of Area 5 and had opened Fangtasia in Dallas? How would he have reacted if his first look at Sookie Stackhouse was when she was wearing a bikini, a cowboy hat, a gun belt, and spurs? Due to many requests, this story—originally planned for just a one-shot—will be continued! I just don’t know when. Meanwhile, the original one-shot remains available.
Vampires have been “out” since 1962 and are a “normal” facet of life. Godric, always a visionary, founded the Vampire Historical Society (VHS)—as well as a newspaper called The Dallas Moon. After his child demonstrates apathy towards humans, Godric punishes Eric by making him respond to the letters that are sent to The Moon. What will happen when he receives a letter from an 8-year-old girl named Sookie Virginia Stackhouse, asking if there’s a Santa Claus?